Storybook Saturday

I"m linking up with Paula's Place to share a read aloud that I will be doing when we get back from break. This is a great story to share with kids to discuss how what we do confirms who we are. Santa finds that although he loves to help people and care for things he doesn't quite find the perfect fit until he goes to the North Pole with his friends, the elves.

 Paula's Place

I just recently created this balanced book study project to go with the story to use with my kiddos and to share with other teachers. Teaching literacy is a multi-concept task that requires many resources. Just like life, there is no "one-size-fits-all" solution. I've tried to included differentiated tasks,small group tasks, and independent tasks that can be used for practice or progress monitoring.


This product includes:

4 days of read aloud ideas and model and practice activities. 

Balanced Literacy Activities:

Phonemic Awareness: Beginning Sounds, syllables, segmenting and blending

Phonics:
Labeling Christmas graphics, letter activities, and chunks (at, et, it, ot, ut)

Writing:
Santa Letters, Santa is...(character trait from read aloud), Christmas Wishes

Sight Word Reader:
I like Snow


You can also find the free retelling cards in my store as well!


Comments

  1. I love this book. Thanks for joining me. I am off to check out the product to go with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts