Mentor Texts for Setting Goals

I'm linking up with my friend Emily from over at The Reading Tutor / OG for her Mentor Monday linky. This week we'll be sharing books that support goal setting. While I'm sure there are many, I found these three charms that I can't wait to share with my kiddos.


I actually already shared Salt in His Shoes because Micheal Jordan is one of my all time favorite basketball players. Plus we were studying biographies last week and and it was the perfect mentor text to share. 

It takes practice, determination and perseverance to get better at something is the theme through out the entirety of Salt in His Shoes. 

The Watcher is a story of Jane Goodall. She was born a "watcher". She watched and studied animals from the time she was five. She always knew she wanted to study chimpanzees.  And she did. 

Someday is a sweet story of dreaming big and thinking about the future. 

If you haven't already, all three are certainly worth the time to look into. You and your kiddos are sure to enjoy and have great discussions of dreaming big, setting goals, and future possibilities.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts