Humbled

I'm going to start with professional goals first because that is what has caused a ripple this week and has most definitely defined my learning curve. My biggest professional goal this year is Parent Involvement. So I use my digital notebook. I create a plan that spans the year. I send out an e-mail to administration and just hope and pray for positive feedback...nothing.

I think, oh, okay; no news is better than bad news. So I proceed.

Mistake #1 - Never send out an idea and say "don't worry you won't have to do anything..." Now don't get me wrong, in my mind I was going to put this thing together and run it all by myself because I didn't want to cause any ripples. Teachers already have too much to do. I thought I can handle this. I just need to teachers to hand the information out at the end of the day.

Mistake # 2- Never assume that your e-mail has been read. Always check in with a gentle reminder.

Mistake #3 - Never underestimate the power of a team. One is a lonely and back breaking number when you have big ideas.

I'm going to leave you with this little bit to digest. (It's actually a whole lot) Swing back by next week and I'll share the BIG IDEA that caused little learning ripples...


Comments

Popular Posts